[Live-devel] FEC Callback

Guy Bonneau gbonneau at matrox.com
Fri Sep 26 07:17:08 PDT 2008

Ross,

Let say that someone would like to add FEC based on RFC 2733 to the library.
My understanding is that some FEC source filter implementation would  need
to receive the RTP packet formatted and sent by the MultiFramedRTPSink
implementation to be further FEC processed. At first glance I would have
been tempted to suggest adding some callback mecanism to the method
MultiFramedRTPSink ::sendPacketIfNecessary() after the
fRTPInterface.sendPacket(...).

But I was wondering. Is there a better way to do that without modifying
MultiFramedRTPSink? May be at a lower level?

Thanks
Guy Bonneau