[Live-devel] Implement RTSP skip forward in mediaServer

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:10:34 PDT 2009

Seems like there is an option in RTSP to specify a range in time that you
want to start your stream.

I did a web page for a STB that when a certain button is pressed (for
example), I take the current Position and add 30 to it and set the position.
The new npt is sent to the server but mediaServer doesn't seems to do
anything with this param. Without an index, it would also seem feasible to
skip, but then I don't know about rewind.

http://www.myiptv.org/Articles/RTSP/tabid/72/Default.aspx
"The important bits of this command are Range and Scale.  See I said you
would want to know the range. Range specifies from where and how much of the
content to play. 0- tells the server to start at the beginning and play to
the end but you could also start anywhere in the file as we’ll see in a
minute or only play the first 5 minutes of the content.  It’s up to you."

Steve M.