[Live-devel] testProgs tested ?

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Mon Apr 6 08:15:58 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

I'm looking around at the samples in testProgs and interested in using
some techniques on a small project. I've had some problems in getting
the testProgs/testRelay app working sufficently.

Basically, I've got an off the shelf TV encoder that broadcasts MPEG2-
TS onto the network. I used testRelay to read the source address and
relay it to another address. I've got VLC running on another box on
the same LAN with two play list items, one pointing to the original
broadcast address and the other to the relayed address. Original plays
fine, relayed one is corrupted badly with lots of "libdvbpsi error
(PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected 12) for PID 17"
type messages appearing in the logs.

I'm looking for some tips on how to test this testProgs/testRelay so
that I can get a working stream relayed to another address.

Thanks in advance,
--
Glen Gray
slaine at slaine.org