[Live-devel] Multicast to RTSP

Ivo Vachkov ivo.vachkov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:04:54 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I've been trying to setup multicast to rtsp server for some time now.
However, I find difficulties. My idea is to modify
testOnDemandRTSPServer to read from stdin (which i did successfully)
and use something like this mcas2stdout $mcast_group $port |
testOnDemandRTSPServer. I use VLC to stream to the multicast group.
When I try "cat file.ts | testOnDemandRTSPServer" all works like a
charm. When I start streaming file.ts with VLC (prefer UDP over RTP)
and "mcast2stdout | testOnDemandRTSPServer" i see nothing. My
mutlicast reading program works.
My concern is that i probably need to "unpacket" whatever is comming
from the multicast group and then send it to
stdout/testOnDemandRTSPServer. Am I correct and/or how to proceed ?

Thank you very much in advance.

/ipv