[Live-devel] openRTSP and H.264

Paulo Michels phmichels at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 10:32:35 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

I've been trying to record a H.264 stream using openRTSP. To be more
specific, I'm trying to record the AmericaFree.TV stream (http://www.americafree.tv/VLC/
).

I'm just running: openRTSP rtsp://video3.americafree.tv/AFTVAdventureH264250.sdp
. Looking at the log everything seems to be, the DESCRIBE, SETUP and
PLAY commands are sent and replied by the server. The dump audio and
video files are created, but both are empty. I can successfully see
the stream using VLC and Quicktime though.

Looking at the mailing list history I can see people having problems
to stream (server side) H.264 video, but it's not clear to me whether
openRTSP supports receiving this type of stream.

Thanks in advance!

Paulo