[Live-devel] H.264 support trick-mode

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 23 18:50:08 PDT 2009

>It seems that the live555 media server supports H.264 multiplexed as
>transport (.ts).
>Please update it in:
><<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#about>http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#about>

There's nothing to update on that page.  We support the streaming of
MPEG Transport Stream files, regardless of what they happen to
contain.

However, I have now updated the '"Trick Play' support" web page -
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html -
to make clear that we currently support these 'trick play' operations
only on Transport Stream files that contain MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video -
not MPEG-4 (including H.264) video.

>Is there a plan to support it in the near future for trick-mode as well?

Yes.

>  Any scheduled date for this?

No.