[Live-devel] Multiple sources question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 28 01:01:04 PDT 2009

>With one source everything is working fine. However when I have
>several multicast sources I get them overlapping on every rtsp url.
>For some reason (I guess in my code :) ) different multicast streams
>don't go to different sessions. All packets go to all sessions and it
>becomes a complete mess.

Perhaps you're using the same port number for different multicast
streams?  You shouldn't do this.  Some OSs (e.g., some versions of
Linux) have a bug that causes them to deliver packets intended for
different multicast addresses to the same socket if they use the same
port number.

To be on the safe side, when you have multiple multicast streams, you
should use different multicast addresses, *and* different port
numbers.