[Live-devel] NetCommon.hh and UsageEnvironment.hh

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 3 16:47:59 PDT 2009

>Hello Ross.
>

>    Do you think it is possible to add the following lines to each
>cpp file of your Live555 library:
>
>#include "CustomHeaderBegin.hh" // first of any other #include
>#include "CustomHeaderEnd.hh" // after your last #include
>
>and add these two empty files to your library?

No, I'm not going to needlessly complicate the code like this.
(Overall, I'm looking to simplify the code, not make it even more
complex-looking.)

>    I'd find them very convenient to:
>- include debugging structures and custom stuff everywhere, avoiding
>makefile editing;

You could do this by adding your custom definitions to
"UsageEnvironment.hh" (e.g.).

>- download your newest release, avoiding manual or automatic (anyway
>repetitive) editing.

Even if I did what you're asking, you'd still need to modify the
(otherwise empty) "CustomHeader*.hh" files.