[Live-devel] NetCommon.hh and UsageEnvironment.hh

Renato MAURO (Libero) renatomauro at libero.it
Mon Aug 3 18:52:28 PDT 2009

Hello Ross.

> You could do this by adding your custom definitions to
> "UsageEnvironment.hh" (e.g.).

Yes, yes, I'm doing, but "UsageEnvironment.hh" is not always the first
header included and sometimes it is included after "windows.h" (ehm, yes, I
can't avoid this) and this is a problem when _CRT_MAP_ALLOC is defined
(multiple definition of every memory allocation related function); besides,
some cpp files don't include "UsageEnvironment.hh".

> Even if I did what you're asking, you'd still need to modify the
> (otherwise empty) "CustomHeader*.hh" files.

Yes, you are right, and it can be done by a single "copy
\Streaming\Windows\common\CustomHeader*.hh \Streaming\Live555\src" line in
the script which today downloads and untars the Live555 source: more simple,
quick and safe than a script adding the include lines to every cpp file.

Anyway, I understand that my request was a "custom" request (from which the
headers' name ;-). It was only a survey.

Thank you,

    Renato MAURO