[Live-devel] purpose of rtpsource and rtpsink files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 10 21:38:55 PDT 2009

>1. I want to know the purpose of rtpsource and rtpsink files for
>various codecs.

They implement the RTP payload format (see
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#payload-format-not-supported >)
for that codec.  The *RTPSink file implements the sending of RTP
packets; the *RTPSource file implements the receiving of RTP packets.

>2. What is purpose of SimpleRtpSource and SimpleRtpSink files.

See the comments at the top of the header files for each

>3. Can i use SimpleRtpSource and SimpleRtpSink files for recieving metadata.

Perhaps.  It depends on whatever RTP payload format you're using for this.