[Live-devel] Receiver for H.264

Ganesh V ganesh_vijayan at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 07:41:47 PDT 2009

Hi Steve,

While implementing a streamer out and streamer in for H.264, you need to ensure the following:

On Server:
- SPS and PPS are used to generate sprop_parameter_sets. The 2 parameter sets i.e. SPS and PPS should be encoded in base-64 format with a comma separating the two. Do note that SPS and PPS information should not have the NALU start code. This is passed along with SDP information
- While transmitting using livemedia library, you should strip off the NALU start code i.e. 0x00 00 00 01.

On the receiver end:
- You need to gather SPS and PPS from SDP once your media sub-session is created, which involved base64 decoding and adding a NALU start code (dependent on the decoder connected at the output of receiver
- You should be receiving data NALU by NALU, but probably need to attach the NALU start code at the starting of each packet received.

In general, you may require an interface to interact with H264VideoRTPSource/H264VideoRTPSink classes.

Hope this helps.

Ganesh