[Live-devel] Receiver for H.264

Steve Jiekak devaureshy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 00:54:43 PDT 2009

Thanks for your reply Ganesh, I have some questions inline.

On Server:
> - SPS and PPS are used to generate sprop_parameter_sets. The 2 parameter
> sets i.e. SPS and PPS should be encoded in base-64 format with a comma
> separating the two. Do note that SPS and PPS information should not have the
> NALU start code. This is passed along with SDP information

Thanks a lot, this is a useful information, I didn't know that the params
for the sink class was used for SDP information.

> - While transmitting using livemedia library, you should strip off the NALU
> start code i.e. 0x00 00 00 01.

yes, My framer already discard start sequence .

> On the receiver end:
> - You need to gather SPS and PPS from SDP once your media sub-session is
> created, which involved base64 decoding and adding a NALU start code
> (dependent on the decoder connected at the output of receiver

So I should write it at the beginning of the file like packets?? like 0x00
00 00 01 0xSPS 0x00 00 001 0xPPS??

> - You should be receiving data NALU by NALU, but probably need to attach
> the NALU start code at the starting of each packet received.

Done by live itself :)

Regards,Steve