[Live-devel] H264 SDP sprop_parameter_sets_str definition

Jeremy Noring kidjan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:17:50 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Tao Wu <lanlantao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I write a H264 framer and it works with openRTSP. However, it will
> cause VLC player to crash.
> Thanks for Ross's comment, I realized that my setup of SDP
> sprop_parameter_sets_str is not correct.
>
> I do not know the format or structure of SDP sprop_parameter_sets. I
> go over the RFC 3984, but not find the structure of it.
> Can anyone point out where I can find its definition/structure?

It's already been discussed here extensively, but the format is:

"SPS as Base64,PPS as Base64"

SPS/PPS correspond with Sequence Parameter Set and Picture Parameter Set,
respectively.  So the SPS info base-64 encoded followed by the PPS base-64
encoded, and delimited with a ",".  If you're asking about the actual format
of the SPS/PPS info, that's specified in the ITU-T H.264 specification, but
you really don't need to know any of that information to get streaming
working.  Your H.264 encoder should have some way of providing you the
SPS/PPS data, either in the video stream itself or through some other
interface.  I'd consult the API for your encoder.