[Live-devel] multiple instances of live555 library

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:13:48 PDT 2009

Hi Ross.

You don't do this.  Please everybody, read the FAQ!

> The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software uses an event loop (a single thread
> of control) for concurrency, instead of using multiple threads.

Sorry for barging into this thread - an architecture question if I may. I
expirirmented with Live555 several times, and got left with a question - if
Live555 supports only a single event-loop, how it's possible to effectively
process multiple real-time sources?

I mean, if I get packets from 2 sources, there seems no way to process them
both, but only to launch a separate thread (via callback function perhaps)
which would handle them.

Regards.