[Live-devel] [MediaServer] Streaming mp3 file issues

Guillaume Ferry guiluge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:26:02 PST 2009

Hi there,

I'm currently using mediaServer to stream various media on a local network.
Next, I implemented a small RTSP client to receive & play that stream.

It works really great with WAV/PCM files, but I experience some issues with
MP3 files.
After some investigation, I found out what is going on : I use
systematically provided samplerate (rtpTimeStampFrequency), which is set to
90khz for mP3 files (RTP payload :14)...
Incorrect value of course, and it messes up all my playback routines
afterwards...

Is it possible to obtain an accurate sample rate value through liveMedia
classes, or do I need to do some computing ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Guillaume.