[Live-devel] Restart Capture Frame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 15 02:09:24 PST 2009

>we are trying now change the treatment of the EventLoop because all
>our problems is the multithreading using the schedule. We changed
>our code using now only one thread to control that Eventloop.
>We do this steps:
>1.- Creation of the BasicUsageEnvironment with one schedule.
>2.- Initialization of all threads using that Environment.

WTF do you mean by this??  If you have a "UsageEnvironment" and
"TaskScheduler" object, then ***exactly one thread of control, and no
more*** can access them.  If you have any other threads, then they
can't access these objects at all.  The only thing the other threads
can do is set a "watchVariable" that's used as a parameter to
"TaskScheduler::doEventLoop()".   Reread the FAQ!

>Can do you help us to solve that?

If you don't understand (or try to ignore) how this code works - i.e,
by using a single thread of execution using an event loop - rather
than multiple threads - for concurrency, then you will get no support
from me.