[Live-devel] QOS message of live555 ?

Kevin.Liu kevin.liu at innosofts.com
Sun Dec 20 02:01:49 PST 2009

Hi all :

   I have made a test on window mobile for openRTSP and I also add the "-q"
option which will print the qos message . And i got the print message showed
that I have lost about 30% packets . I have extended the socket receive
buffer to 2,000,000 and I also used the live555 media server included in the
source code.

 The strange thing is that if I transport only audio stream like "mp3 file"
the packet lost was very small ,but if I transport both audio and video
stream like "mp4,mpg files" the packet loss was really big.

 And I found that a 6M mpg file only transport 37 seconds (sdp message
"a=range:npt=0-37.160")  but a 5M mp3 file transport 301 seconds in the same
network environment.

 My live555 version is 2009,9,28 and I have test the lib on pc it worked
really good . Any advice for the question ? please help me out of the
strange problem !

Thank in advance.

Following are the sdp message I got :

1.Mpg file(size 6M)

v=0

o=- 924739507 1 IN IP4 192.168.1.100

s=MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream, streamed by the LIVE555 Media Server

i=pict.mpg

t=0 0

a=tool:LIVE555 Streaming Media v2009.09.28

a=type:broadcast

a=control:*

a=range:npt=0-37.160

a=x-qt-text-nam:MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream, streamed by the LIVE555 Media
Server

a=x-qt-text-inf:pict.mpg

m=video 0 RTP/AVP 32

c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0

a=control:track1

m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 14

c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0

a=control:track2

2.Mp3 file(size 5M)

v=0

o=- 5850143118 1 IN IP4 192.168.1.100

s=MPEG-1 or 2 Audio, streamed by the LIVE555 Media Server

i=test3.mp3

t=0 0

a=tool:LIVE555 Streaming Media v2009.09.28

a=type:broadcast

a=control:*

a=range:npt=0-301.840

a=x-qt-text-nam:MPEG-1 or 2 Audio, streamed by the LIVE555 Media Server

a=x-qt-text-inf:test3.mp3

m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 14

c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0

a=control:track1