[Live-devel] OpenRTSP w/ Axis 207 series cameras: AAC issue

Mukherjee, Debargha debargha.mukherjee at hp.com
Tue Feb 3 09:43:19 PST 2009

Hi,

I am experimenting with receiving streamed data from Axis 207W cameras using (a modified version of) the openRTSP utility, and is confronted with the following issue. When I use the -q option to receive a quicktime file, I can later use the ffmpeg avcodec libraries to read packets and decode the audio and video streams. However, when I just save the raw streamed data into separate video and audio elementary streams, I cannot decode the AAC audio stream anymore. My guess is it is an issue related to the transport format parsing, but I may be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DM.