[Live-devel] Making RTSP commands work when streaming RTP over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 11 14:54:14 PST 2009

>So while I debate the merits of changing RTSPClient I went ahead and
>with my original idea of creating a second TCP connection once the
>first is taken over for streaming and by golly it works (with the
>server mods I mentioned before).  I don't have all the kinks and
>corner cases worked out yet but it does work. Would this be
>something you'd want to have in the library.

At some point soon I'll be making major changes to the "RTSPClient"
implementation (primarily to make it do asynchronous socket reads, in
line with most of the rest of the code, but perhaps addressing the
RTSP/RTP-over-TCP issue as well).  Until that time, I don't plan on
accepting any patches to this code (except for simple, obvious bug
fixes).