[Live-devel] DeviceSource.cpp problem

Xiao Li geniusbill at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:40:31 PST 2009

Dear All,

I followed the instruction in DeviceSourcec.cpp to try to stream the live
video from my ARM encoder platform. My current program for the encoder is
thread based, i.e. capture thread, encoding thread, and writer thread, the 3
threads shares a common buffer.

In the writer thread, once the buffer is accessed, it is delived to a global
variable, and then start the RTSP server (like in
testMPEG4VideoStreamer.cpp). This global variable is then accessed by the
deliverFrame in the DeviceSource subclass (e.g. EncoderSource), and passed
to fTo. And the deliverFrame is also simply called in
EncoderSource::doGetNextFrame. Those are all the changed I have done, and
the remaining part are exactly same as in testMPEG4VideoStreamer.cpp, except
that I changed the ByteFileSource instance to EncoderSource in the play()
function.

When the program running, I can see that the encoded packets being passed to
fTo (I use printf to get the frame size). RTSP server started as well, since
I can use VLC to connect to it remotely. But the problem is I coundn't see
the live video in VLC, it looks like no data is pushed out (Ethernet card
doesn't flash).

Please could anybody figture out the problem for me? Do I need to do
anything in the doEventLoop or anything else? Any help is apprciated!

Have a nice weekend!

Bill