[Live-devel] Multiple livemedia libs in the same process

Wouter Dhondt wouter.dhondt at vsk.be
Tue Feb 17 06:33:47 PST 2009

Hello.

I have the following problem. I have a basic application that uses
livemedia (server to stream to clients). The application links to a
static livemedia library. This main application also uses a second
external library. This library also uses livemedia dynamically (client
to connect to a server). The problem is: the doEventLoop() in the
external library fails immediately. If we removed the static linked
livemedia library from the main application the external library works fine.

There seems to be a shared resource in use, even though we use 2
different libraries and 2 different threads. Ports are different so I'm
not sure which other resource is causing this.

Anyone an idea?