[Live-devel] Memory leaks

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 8 06:05:00 PST 2009

>               I am sending the file which describes regarding the
>memory leak in the code.

I'm not convinced that any of these are real memory leaks; instead,
they seem to just be the "LIVE555 Media Server" doing its job.

Note that the server works by dynamically allocating a
"ServerMediaSession" object (and appropriate "ServerMediaSubsession"
objects) for each file that it streams.   This object remains
allocated even when the stream stops (but will get reused the next
time that the same file is streamed).  In any case, the allocated
memory (for each file that gets streamed) is very small.

There would be a "memory leak" only if the allocated memory keeps
increasing whenever the *same* file is streamed several times in
succession.  If you see that happening, let me know.