[Live-devel] What to do when fNumTruncatedBytes > 0

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 20 18:31:28 PST 2009

>I'm wondering what I can do when fNumTruncatedBytes is > 0 on either
>the client or server side.

I don't really understand this question.  "fNumTruncatedBytes" is a
variable that is *set* (not queried) by each "FramedSource" subclass
(including any new "FramedSource" subclass that you define and
implement yourself.  (See, for example, the comments in
"DeviceSource.cpp".)

>Is there anything I can do here other than just make the buffers
>really big when things startup?

If you're referring to the buffer that each "FramedSource" (subclass)
object provides to its upstream object, then the answer is no: The
downstream object needs to provide a buffer that's sufficiently large
for its upstream object to write into.