[Live-devel] What to do when fNumTruncatedBytes > 0

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Fri Jan 9 10:32:14 PST 2009

I'm wondering what I can do when fNumTruncatedBytes is > 0 on either the
client or server side.

On the server side the problem arises when my NAL unit is larger than
the buffer allocated when the StreamFramer object is created and we
don't know how big of a NAL might come along.

On the client side the problem arises when a NAL unit larger than the
buffer allocated when the MediaSink object is created when there is no
way to know just how big a NAL unit might come along.

Is there anything I can do here other than just make the buffers really
big when things startup?
At a minimum it would be nice to grow the buffers when one of these
events occur to minimize the chance that it will happen again.
Ideal would be some way to deliver/receive the truncated bytes.

Thanks
Matt S.