[Live-devel] livemedia on cygwin

Woods woods.biz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 06:47:54 PDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion. I have made it compiled and working now.

But, there is a small amendment, that I need to comment the following block,
which would re-define with my cygwin multicast socket header file's
structure definition otherwise. For your info, I am using cygwin 1.7.

// The source-specific join/leave operations require special setsockopt()
// commands, and a special structure (ip_mreq_source).  If the include files
// didn't define these, we do so here:
#if !defined(IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP) || defined(__CYGWIN32__)
// NOTE TO CYGWIN DEVELOPERS:
//    The "defined(__CYGWIN32__)" test was added above, because - as of
January 2007 - the Cygwin header files
//    define IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP (and IP_DROP_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP), but
do not define ip_mreq_source.
//    This has been acknowledged as a bug (see <
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00516.html>), but it's
//    not clear when it is going to be fixed.  When the Cygwin header files
finally define "ip_mreq_source",
//    this code will no longer compile, due to "ip_mreq_source" being
defined twice.  When this happens, please
//    let us know, by sending email to the "live-devel" mailing list.
subscribe to that mailing list.)
// END NOTE TO CYGWIN DEVELOPERS
struct ip_mreq_source {
  struct  in_addr imr_multiaddr;  /* IP multicast address of group */
  struct  in_addr imr_sourceaddr; /* IP address of source */
  struct  in_addr imr_interface;  /* local IP address of interface */
};
#endif

Regards,

Woods

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

>  I want to know if livemedia can be compiled using cygwin?
>>

> Did you see the file "config.cygwin"?
>
> Just run
>        genMakefiles cygwin
> like you would for any Unix/Linux system, and then run
>        make
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.