[Live-devel] Some questions about MJPEG streaming

俊利大大 smile2bob at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:26:21 PDT 2009

Hi All

    I'm working on live555 library for a MJPEG strerming server. It's really complicate to me to understand it even I read FAQ , RFC2035 and Elphel sample code.
    As I understand, what I need to do is to setup rtp, rtcp, rtsp APIs and provide JPEG header and JPEG payload to feed relevant parameters then it will packet the data and send it out. It seems easy but I got something confused.

    1) how to count jpeg header length and payload length?
    2) How to decide the value of fMaxSize? Its value is always smaller than fFrameSize. Can I make it bigger?
    3) Does it always abandon the frame data over fMaxSize (I mean fNumTruncatedBytes)?

Any suggestions would be appreciate.

Regards,
-Bob