[Live-devel] Proper destruction of subsessions

Rawling, Stuart SRawling at pelco.com
Thu Jul 16 11:47:39 PDT 2009

I believe the best thing to do is to run your doEventLoop with a watch
variable.  Then when you wish to exit and cleanup, set the watch variable,
which will cause the doEventLoop call to return.  At this point you will be
able to clean up all of the session stuff (hint: use Medium::close()).

On 7/16/09 8:24 AM, "Jerry Johns" <Jerry.Johns at nuvation.com> wrote:

> I¹ve searched in the list archive, but couldn¹t find something regarding this
> ­ I currently have LiveMedia running on its own thread with the doEventLoop()
> the last instruction before it goes off into its own world;
> Ultimately, I would like to have this thread return gracefully by first
> invoking any teardowns of existing unicast streaming sessions (we¹re streaming
> out), sending any BYE¹s, and then shutting down the task scheduler using a
> watch variable. I¹m familiar with stopping with the scheduler, and with
> tearing down multicast sessions, but am not sure how to properly
> teardown/invoke destructor for the unicast sessions ­ do you know how to do
> this?

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is legally privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities named above. This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of Pelco. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone call to +1-559-292-1981 or forward the e-mail to administrator at pelco.com and then permanently delete the e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.