[Live-devel] OpenRTSP video dumping

Sergio spigao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:20:34 PDT 2009

Hi,

Let me introduce my problem a bit and I'll very glad if you can give a hint.

I'm using openRTSP to receive and RTP stream and dump it in to a mpeg
file. Then, I transform this video into frames (pnm) with mplayer, in
order to compare it to the original video and calculate psnr. Since
there are RTP packet losses and the video file doesn't keep temporal
reference of the pictures shown to the user, I can't do this straight
forward. Thus, I'd like to extract an index of the received frames
from the RTP stream reading the timestamps.

The problem is that the resulting frames from the video are less than
the RTP packets with different timestamps, so maybe openRTSP drops
some packets when receiving them.  Can this be?

Any help with this or experiences calculating PSNR with lost frames
would be very helpful

Thanks in advance,
Sergio