[Live-devel] Regarding IPV6

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 27 00:56:18 PDT 2009

>I want to know how we can extend Groupsock class to support IPV6.

That is not how we will be supporting IPv6.  Instead, we will first
be completely replacing the "Groupsock" mechanism with a new 'network
packet' abstraction (treating incoming network interfaces as 'framed
sources' and outgoing network interfaces as 'framed sinks'-  the same
way we already treat RTP media frames).  Then our code will be able
to handle any network interface, whether IPv4, IPv6, or synthetic.

Unfortunately this will be a lot of work, and there's no ETA for it.