[Live-devel] Streaming to mobile device using live555.

Yogesh yogeshu at interfaceinfosoft.com
Mon Jul 27 23:32:16 PDT 2009

Hello Support,

We are developing streaming application in which we want to stream live
video from server  to mobile  device (for example blackberry , Iphone) using
RTSP protocol and live555 library . We are planning  to use mpeg4 video for
streaming as mobile device supports mpeg4 format. For this we tested
streaming using  testMPEG4VideoStreamer  example we got stream on VLC player
on another desktop PC but we are unable to get stream on blackberry  mobile
device simulator. Can we directly use this sample for streaming to mobile
device simulator or any modification is required ?  We have encoder which
gives us mpeg2TS, mpeg4 etc encoded data from live video. How can we apply
live video encoded data to live555 streamer.

Can you provide some direction on this?

Any help  on this will be very helpful. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh