[Live-devel] UTP to RTP

Andrew Umlauf andrew_umlauf at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 11:42:43 PDT 2009

I appreciate the quick response. I am still having problems though. I made the change and I am not getting errors. I have tried with multiple mpeg 2 files. Here is the command-line output:

4700441B, but we're not a fragment
Warning: MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink::doSpecialFrameHandling saw strange first 4 bytes
47404412, but we're not a fragment
Warning: MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink::doSpecialFrameHandling saw strange first 4 bytes
47004419, but we're not a fragment

I do not get any video output except for an initial frame. This is the code:

#include "liveMedia.hh"
#include "BasicUsageEnvironment.hh"
#include "GroupsockHelper.hh"

FramedSource* videoSource;

void afterPlaying(void*);

int main()
{
	TaskScheduler* scheduler = BasicTaskScheduler::createNew();
	UsageEnvironment*env = BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(*scheduler);

	//Create our sink variables...
	char const* destinationAddrStr = "147.159.167.150";
	const unsigned char ttl = 1;
	const Port rtpPort(8888);
	struct in_addr destinationAddress;
	destinationAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr(destinationAddrStr);
	Groupsock rtpGroupsock(*env, destinationAddress, rtpPort, ttl);

	//Create our sink...
	RTPSink* videoSink = MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock);
	if(videoSink == NULL){
		*env << "Unable to create sink \n";
		exit(1);
	}

	//Create our source variables...
	char const* srcAddrStr = "10.0.0.10";
	struct in_addr srcAddress;
	srcAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr(srcAddrStr);
	const Port udpPort(1234);
	Groupsock udpGroupsock(*env, srcAddress, udpPort, ttl);

	//Create our source...
	FramedSource* input = BasicUDPSource::createNew(*env, &udpGroupsock);
	if (input == NULL) {
		*env << "Unable to open source \n";
		exit(1);
	}

	//Create our framer...
	//videoSource = MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer::createNew(*env, input);
	videoSource = MPEG1or2VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew(*env, input);

	//Start to stream the data....
	videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource, afterPlaying, NULL);
	env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop();

	return 0;
}

void afterPlaying(void*) {
  Medium::close(videoSource);
}

-Andrew

P.S. I ment to say UDP not UTP in subject heading :- )