[Live-devel] Doubt on Multiple sub-sessions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 3 11:17:24 PDT 2009

>I am trying to demux an incoming stream into individual video and
>audio streams. I have created 2 sinks for the same and am able to
>set it up also. However, I am facing a small issue.
>
>When I dump the video stream and observe the same, I observe that I
>am able to get SPS, PPS and Slices but without NALU start code i.e.
>00 00 00 01. The first data coming out of my buffer is 67 ..
>However, when I use openRTSP, I am able to dump the H.264 stream
>without any issues. I am surprised that NALU start codes are missing
>and am debugging further with openRTSP.

The reason that "openRTSP" inserts the "00 00 00 01" code at the
start of each received NAL unit is because it uses the
"H264VideoFileSink" class, which explicitly does this.

That code is not present in the incoming H264/RTP packets.
Therefore, if you want it added (e.g., for a decoder), then you will
need to do so yoursefl.