[Live-devel] Confirmation of stream end reach.

Bikramjeet Singh bikramjeet.singh at logiceastern.co.in
Thu Jun 4 02:36:03 PDT 2009

Hi Ross,
              Actually due to our requirment we need to stream in
"MP2T/H2221/UDP" mode. And in the system we are using two clients, Client A
is to request the server for streaming to client B. And client B will
consume the stream and display it. One more thing Client B and C are not in
touch in any manner. So if client B recieves any termination 'BYE' packet
then it will not be considered at the client A side. And we need this
termination packet at the client A.  So that we can restart the movie or
close the session from client A.

On 6/4/09, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>>
>>  We are using application "live555MediaServer" to use as a VOD server. I
>> have make some changes in the server code to allow the client direct the
>> stream on a different destination IP.  But still there is one problem to me,
>> We haven't any way to come to know that when completion of streaming is
>> reached.
>>

> If you are also sending RTCP (as well as RTP) to the new destination
> address - which you should - then the client will be able to detect the
> end-of-stream when it receives a RTCP "BYE" packet, as usual.
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/