[Live-devel] Confirmation of stream end reach.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 4 07:23:39 PDT 2009

>               Actually due to our requirment we need to stream in
>"MP2T/H2221/UDP" mode.

Then you're out of luck.  If you're not using the RTP/RTCP standard,
then you won't bet getting any of its benefits (which includes RTCP
"BYE" packets).

>  And in the system we are using two clients, Client A is to request
>the server for streaming to client B.

I hope you realize that - by modifying your server to support this -
you are potentially enabling denial-of-service attacks.

>And client B will consume the stream and display it. One more thing
>Client B and C are not in touch in any manner. So if client B
>recieves any termination 'BYE' packet then it will not be considered
>at the client A side. And we need this termination packet at the
>client A.

If/when the server ends the stream, it will close the TCP connection
that it has with client A.  This is the only indication that you wlll
get.