[Live-devel] Make live media server stream mpeg to transport stream

Woods woods.biz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:25:41 PDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks your reply!

Yes, I tried that testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream code. But is it
possible to do "transcoding mpeg to ts" and "streaming ts" in one step in
livemedia server?

I actually modified testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream code by replacing
the FileSink with a MPEG2TransportStreamFramer plus a SimpleRTPSink. This
works well, in that I can  transcode mpeg file to ts and stream it to
destination.

However, I don't know how to do it in livemediaserver, because its design is
different from the sample streamer code. In specific, we seem need a
SubSession for RTSPserver, so that the server will generate the required
sink and start streaming using this added subsession. In order to fit this
design pattern, do I need to create a dedicate SubSession class?

Thanks.

Woods

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I plan to modify the Live Media server to stream Mpeg file as Mpeg2 TS
>> stream.
>> Current code streams two respective streams for video and audio.
>>

> The current server code *already* streams Transport Stream data as
> multiplexed (combined) audio+video.  If you have a MPEG Transport Stream
> file, then you don't need to modify any of the existing code to stream it.
>
> MPEG *Program* Stream files, however, are streamed as separate audio and
> video RTP streams.
>
> Do you want to convert a Program Stream file to a Transport Stream file (so
> you can stream it as such)?  If so, you can do so using our
> "testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream" demo application (in the "testProgs"
> directory).
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.