[Live-devel] Make live media server stream mpeg to transport stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 12 00:57:32 PDT 2009

>Yes, I tried that testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream code. But is
>it possible to do "transcoding mpeg to ts" and "streaming ts" in one
>step in livemedia server?

Yes.  You would need to change the server code so that instead of
using "MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession", it uses a new,
similar class - that you would write - that would implement the
"createNewStreamSource()" virtual function by creating a chain of
objects that delivers transcoded Program->Transport Stream data.