[Live-devel] Converting H.264-ES to MP4-File

Robin Lorke robin.lorke at cosens.de
Mon Jun 8 06:59:51 PDT 2009

Hi All!

I am trying to build a small program which converts a previously
recorded H.264 elementary stream (which works fine) to a viewable
MP4-file.
I tried it using the QuickTimeFileSink but it seems to need a
MediaSession-object which seems to be highly dependend on an actual
RTP-Connection (which I dont have anymore at this moment).
I also tried to modify the testMPEG4VideoStreamer-Application: It
reads an elementary stream from file and writes it to an RTPSink. I
tried to replace the RTPSink with a QuickTimeFileSink but ran into the
same problem that it needs a MediaSession-object.

So are there any hints for me what would be the best solution to get a
playable MP4-file from the H.264 elementary stream or am I doing
anything wrong?

Best Regards and Thanks!
Robin