[Live-devel] Select() Delay

Rand Voorhies voorhies at usc.edu
Mon Jun 8 10:01:34 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone
 I am a graduate student at the University of Southern California and
a mentor to an undergraduate robotics team. Every year we build an
autonomous submarine to compete in an obstacle course style
competition in San Diego.  In this year's submarine, we are using some
RTSP IP cameras along with the Live555 library to grab images
underwater, but we are having some strange problems.  The library
works wonderfully on our lab computers (64-bit Mandriva Linux) but
when run on the actual submarine (32-bit Ubuntu Linux) we getting
large delays, and eventually complete hangups at the call to
select(...) on line 70 of BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(...). Does
anyone have any suggestions as to where to start digging here? The
library version is the latest as of Friday morning.

Thanks so much,
 Rand Voorhies
 USC iLab: http://ilab.usc.edu
 USC Competition Robotics http://ilab.usc.edu/uscr