[Live-devel] Receiving H.264 RTP stream from Sony network cameras ...

kd kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Jun 21 10:52:34 PDT 2009

Hi,

Each packet passed to ProcessSpecialHeader() is prefixed with 001 but I noticed that for this functions the first byte in a packet is always a NAL type, so it always reads NAL of type 0. I'm not sure but it doesn't look like RFC 3984. Maybe is this a some separate standard of streaming, which is not supported by LiveMedia ?
Why 224.0.0.x multicast addresses dont work in LiveMedia ? This camera has a default multicast address in 224.0.0.x group, which is, for some unknown reasons, blocked out in LiveMedia. I've made changes to IsMulticastAddress(), and now it is working fine, but I don't know if this modification won't have some side effects.
And a one more general question, what would be the best way to transform the unit h264 stream ( without prefixes ) into a byte stream ( with NAL prefixes ) without parsing a whole media stream. Is there any requirement that one rtp packet can contain at most one NAL unit ? If not, how to detect a packets which contains more than one NAL unit ? How to find NAL unit boundaries in such packets ?

Regards,
Kamil