[Live-devel] Receiving H.264 RTP stream from Sony network cameras ...

Ganesh V ganesh_vijayan at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 17:19:18 PDT 2009

Hi Kamil,

In Livemedia exmaple applications, you attach a 0x00 00 00 01 after you receive the packet. In the packet which you received, the first octet is as per the standard which has F, NRI, NALU Type. Attaching the pattern above (which is actually NALU start code) is for file dump cases.

Decoders require that start code to distinguish between NALUs. However, if a decoder is connected at the back-end of Livemedia streaming application, the same can also be made to decode directly (prob without start code).

Livemedia library follows RFC 3984 correctly and its implementation is to cater to a large variety of decoders.

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Ganesh