[Live-devel] Receiving H.264 RTP stream from Sony network cameras ...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 21 22:40:11 PDT 2009

>Why 224.0.0.x multicast addresses dont work in LiveMedia ? This
>camera has a default multicast address in 224.0.0.x group, which is,
>for some unknown reasons, blocked out in LiveMedia

224.0.0.* IP multicast addresses are special addresses that are
routable only on the local network.  They are used for things like
routing protocols.  If your camera is using such an address, then
it's broken.

>  Is there any requirement that one rtp packet can contain at
>most one NAL unit ?

No.

>  If not, how to detect a packets which contains more than one NAL
>unit ? How to find NAL unit boundaries in such packets ?

I don't know.  That question is specific to the H.264 codec.  I
presume, though, that H.264 decoders know how to do this.