[Live-devel] MPEG4 RTSP Client/Receiver

Ganesh V ganesh_vijayan at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 23:36:05 PDT 2009

Hi Khalid,

You can refer to the openRTSP example which provides a good starting point for the receiver. However, there is a catch. In case of MPEG4, some additional data is received initially, which requires to be added to the bitstream. Does your application cater to the same? I presume you are using Livemedia for your RTSP receiver.

In playCommon.cpp, there is an example implementation for codec name MP4V-ES  (fileSink->addData(configData, configLen, timeNow);). This should provide you with some input pointers.

Thanks,
Ganesh