[Live-devel] MP3 file plays only the first 6 sec and restart

Hsien Hwee light_bulb_85 at yahoo.com.sg
Sun Jun 28 10:30:34 PDT 2009

I have merge the testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp and testMP3Streamer.cpp
into an application.

When I select a .mpg file, it works without any problem at the receiver (a
VLC player), it plays the whole file and loop again.

but when I select a .mp3, it only plays the first 6 second and it loop again
without finishing the whole file.

This is my code for the .mp3 file

FramedSource* audioSource;

RTPSink* audioSink;

// Open the file as a 'MP3 file source':

MP3FileSource* MP3file = MP3FileSource::createNew(*env, file);

// Create a framer for audio Stream:

audioSource = MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer::createNew(*env, MP3file);

//start playing each sink

audioSink->startPlaying(*audioSource, afterPlaying, NULL);

void afterPlaying(void* clientData) {

if (audioSource->isCurrentlyAwaitingData()) return;

audioSink->stopPlaying();

// End this loop by closing the current source:

Medium::close(audioSource);

// And start another loop:

play();

}