[Live-devel] Can someone please explain the control flow?

Danny Halamish dny at vicon.co.il
Sun Mar 1 07:39:52 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate a TI h264 codec with the live streamer (so far without success...).

I am struggling with the control flow of the live streamer. Every function I look at seems to call another
function, ad infinitum...

The two-line control flow explanation in the FAQ helps, but not enough...

Can someone please explain the control flow from a source to a sink, i.e. where, exactly, should the
"meat" of the program go? What functions do I need to add to the h264 stub? Do I need to create a
new source to enclose my codec (DeviceSource)?

Thanks in advance,

    Danny