[Live-devel] Maximum no of clients live555MediaServer can handle ?

harsha gampa gampa.harsha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:16:07 PST 2009

Hi Ross,

I have read one of the previous solutions in the mailing lists , where u
have said that the maximum number of clients live555Media server can handle
is defined by LISTEN_BACKLOG_SIZE in the RTSPServer.cpp file.

By default it has value '20' , but when the server is run with 50 client
requests for connection, I see that the wireshark traces showing 50
established connections.

Plz tell me where im goin wrong , as i expected the server to reject the
last 30 connections which didnt happen . Is there any other factor i need to
consider while testing this ?

Thanks,
Harsha