[Live-devel] Maximum no of clients live555MediaServer can handle ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 7 12:39:36 PST 2009

>I have read one of the previous solutions in the mailing lists , where u
>have said that the maximum number of clients live555Media server can handle
>is defined by LISTEN_BACKLOG_SIZE in the RTSPServer.cpp file.

No.  That constant defines how many clients may *connect* to the
server simultaneously, but does not affect how many clients the
server can handle at the same time (even if the clients connected to
the server at different times).

Our code does not impose any limit on how many clients the server can
handle at the same time.  Any such limit would be imposed by the
underlying operating system's limit of the maximum number of open
files that it can support.