[Live-devel] Live555 RTSP Client never sees RTCP BYE message from Live555 Server

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Mon Mar 9 15:14:46 PDT 2009

I've been trying to determine why my Live555 based RTSP client is never
seeing the RTCP BYE messages from the LIVE555 server object (i.e. my bye
handler is never getting called).

In reading the code it looks like the server RTCP code aways combines
the BYE packet with the SR packet and it looks like the RTCP packet
handler code on the client sees the SR packet reads the SR stuff then
reads the stuff that is the same as the RR stuff then ignores anything
else that might be in the packet.  Do I have this correct? or am I
missing something. Note pretty much the same appears to be true for the
server receiving the BYE messages from the client.

I'm having a difficult time debugging this (probably because I'm
starting to feel sick, darn kids keep bring these germs home) so any
help or hints as to what might be going on would be helpful.

Thanks
Matt S.