[Live-devel] Live555 RTSP Client never sees RTCP BYE message from Live555 Server

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Thu Mar 12 11:34:06 PDT 2009

You have inadvertently pointed out something we missed and that is how
you *intended* the server should force a shutdown of an active session
or a live feed. We had been simply destroying the RTSPClientSession
which is what happens when a TEARDOWN message has been received. And
this is how I discovered the aforementioned problem.

By back tracing to see how afterPlayStreamState() could have been called
I see that we should have been calling handleClosure() on each of the
FramedSources, that would cause the fNoFramesLeft flag in
MultiFramedRTPSink to be set to true and cause the subsession to end, as
you intended. I will modify our code to do this when the server is
forcing shutdown of a session.

I still believe that a BYE message should be sent from the server when
the client initiates the session ending via a TEARDOWN (or other such)
message.

Matt S.