[Live-devel] Live555 RTSP Client never sees RTCP BYE message from Live555 Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 12 15:29:33 PDT 2009

>I still believe that a BYE message should be sent from the server
>when the client initiates the session ending via a TEARDOWN (or
>other such) message.

Maybe, but in practice I don't think this matters one iota.  If the
client sends a "TEARDOWN", it is because it has asked the stream to
end.  And the subsequent RTSP response gives confirmation that the
stream has ended.  The client doesn't also need to receive a "BYE"
(which, as a datagram, could never be 100% reliable anyway) in order
to tell it that the stream has ended.