[Live-devel] looping stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 26 17:35:33 PDT 2009

>Dear Sirs,
>
>I'm using live555MediaServer to stream an mpeg-ts encapsuled H.264
>video to an external set-top-box (from Exterity).
>
>All is working fine; the only problem is that I want to loop the
>video (rewind and replay) once it has finished. Other streaming
>servers allow this option, but I don't know how to do it with yours.

There's no really easy way to do this, unfortunately.  Probably the
easiest way would be for you to modify the "ByteStreamFileSource"
class so that it handles end-of-file transparently by reseeking the
open file back to the beginning, and then re-reading.  I.e., so that
the higher-level software has no knowledge that the file has looped.

You may still run into problems with your TS file's PCT timestamps
(and thus your RTP timestamps) wrapping around - depending on how
robust your client is.